Thursday 3 December 2015

Buchanan Arms Wedding - Rutendo and Frank

Buchanan Arms Wedding


What a fantastic experience this was. What an amazing wedding. My first Zimbabwean wedding and my goodness, Rutendo and Franks wedding at the Buchanan Arms was simply sensational. The colours, the dancing and the singing, oh my, the singing was incredible. The day itself in Drymen was an absolute washout. The rain poured down and yet the moment we stepped inside the Buchanan Arms it didnt seem to matter at all. I have never been to a wedding before with such an up tempo, upbeat group of guests.
bride at buchana arms window Groom and attendants at front door buchanan arms wedding walking down the aisle

couple braving the rain in drymen wet wet wet decking The Groom, Frank

wedding couple at buchanan arms wedding buchanan arms wedding front door kiss rutendo and frank married at the buchanan arms

We started with Rutendo getting ready in a very busy room with bridesmaids, well wishers and friends are bustling about the room. The we caught up with the very dapper Frank and his attendants before the wedding ceremony took place. A beautiful service with one very memorable kiss (Frank 'peeling off' his glasses was a real touch of class)

Then, almost unbelievably, Rutendo suggested we stick with Plan A and head to Balmaha for the pictures. When I pointed out the downpour outside, Rutendo shrugged her shoulders and said 'we have umbrellas' - Definitely my kind of bride !! Once back at the Buchanan Arms, Frank got changed into his 'evening suit' and the celebrations continued. I have a short audio clip on my phone of all of the guests singing at dinner. It is one of the most beautiful and happy songs I've ever heard sung at a wedding. It is tremendous. I urge you, if you ever get the chance to attend a Zimbabwean wedding, jump at the opportunity.

Finally can I say how happy I am for the couple themselves. Rutendo and Frank were absolutely wonderful to work with and showed real commitment to getting the best possible pictures in the worst possible conditions. Thank you both xx

No comments: