Sunday 27 July 2014

Blairquhan Castle Wedding - Cherri and Tom

Blairquhan Castle Wedding


Cherri and Tom's Blairquhan Castle wedding - what a wonderful venue, wonderful lady and wonderful day. They do things a little different in Texas. So when Texan lady Cherry came to Blairquhan Castle for her Scottish wedding she brought with her EIGHT impeccably turned out bridesmen

 Blairquhan Castle Wedding - bride and groom kissing outside Blairquhan Castle


This was my first visit to this stunning caste set down in Ayrshire. It is a huge imposing building but once inside it feels more like a cosy retreat. I loved it and as you can see it was rather photogenic. As were our lovely bride and bridesmaids (yes we still had bridesmaids too - although they were much quieter than the boys!) With over 50% of the guests hailing from the 'lone star state' this was a real mix of cultures although both the Texans and the Scots have one thing in common. They love a party !


blairquhan castle wedding blairquhan castle wedding blairquhan castle wedding 1500 Photography


1500 Photography blairquhan castle wedding 1500 Photography 1500 Photography


This wedding was terrific fun and my only sadness is that with the couple living on the other side of the pond I am unlikely to run into them again in the near future. Such warmth, fun and love from everyone who attended the wedding is evident in the pictures. It was also great to be working alongside my good friend Scott of MacKenzie Wedding Films. It was a long day and a long drive home but one that I would love to repeat. I really hope I get back to Blairquhan again soon. Although any other wedding I shoot there is going to have a lot to live up to !


No comments: