Friday 31 July 2009

Paisley Abbey Wedding - Leanne & Robert (Dalmeny Park)

I was pretty sure I was going to have fun at Robert and Leanne’s wedding, and I wasn’t disappointed. A great couple, stunning weather, patient and friendly families, super locations and a beautiful dress. I really couldn’t go wrong.

Leanne looked so beautiful and has such a great personality that photographing her and Robert (who scrubs up pretty well in a kilt) was an absolute joy from start to finish. As per usual with a 1500 wedding we started at the house capturing all the chaos & calm of the bride getting ready before moving onto Paisley Abbey.

The Abbey really is one of the best venues in Scotland for a wedding, it is simply breath-taking inside.

After the ceremony we returned to the Dalmeny Park Country House Hotel. Again, a venue which I am very familiar with from my Paisley days and again a venue which has plenty of scope for great photography. As the guests mingled and soaked up the sunshine (and champagne), Robert and Leanne help me create some amazing images.

Due to the fact that Leanne originally booked her wedding with 1500 for the wrong date (2008 instead of 2009) I had been looking forward to their wedding for a very long time. I am so glad that when it did come around it was such an excellent day in every way. I really love these guys and I am so proud if their pictures.

Incidentally Leanne’s dress was obtained from Juliettes in Paisley. Having previously met with Margret I have been a big fan of this supplier and highly recommend them. After all the fuss lately over dress shops it is good to see someone who really cares about what the bride will wear, rather than just wanting to make commission on a sale. Check them out at http://www.juliettes.co.uk/


No comments: