Thursday 8 May 2014

Craignethan Castle Wedding - Clare and Paul

Clare and Paul's Craignethan Castle Wedding was a whole series of first for me.

After 20 years shooting weddings, nothing gee's you up like a brand new venue. Clare and Paul's wedding had 3 new venues for me to discover ! For a start, I had never even heard of Craignethan Castle which sits somewhere between Larkahll and Lanark. This stunning castle was to prove the backdrop for the majority of our pictures between St Benedict's chapel and the rather nice Shawlands Park Hotel

craignethan castle wedding - bride at window craignethan castle wedding - bride and groom walk down aisle craignethan castle wedding - dramatic bride and groom shot

craignethan castle wedding - the married couple embrace craignethan castle wedding - beautiful bride craignethan castle wedding - bride and groom in archway

One of my favourite shots from all of 2013 is the first shot here of Clare. Its taken in her parents living room with just the vertical blinds tilted. I guess it's a great contrast and shows the range of venues you come across as a wedding photographer that we went from a modern living room, to a modern chapel and a 16th century castle!  As I mentioned Craignethan was an incredible building and inspired some fantastic shots of Claire and Paul who were just so great to photograph. With 4 beautiful fun bridesmaids and Paul's 2 brothers as best men the banter flowing back and forth, there was not need for me to ask anyone to smile. In fact, when I think of Clare and Paul's wedding that is what I think of. Everyone smiling and Clare's wonderful expression when she laughs.

A brilliant day with a brilliant couple !

More 'Castle Weddings' by 1500 Photography

No comments: