Tuesday 30 June 2009

Houston House Wedding - Julie & Grant


Julie and Grant are one of those couples that I just instantly clicked with, a really nice easy going couple with some good looks and an affable manner. We started at Julies parents house, before moving onto New Wellwynd Parish church in Airdrie before heading out to Houston House. Its been a number of years since I was at Houston House so the month before the wedding Julie, Grant, Gillian and I met up at the venue and had a walk about.


I am really glad we did as it meant I found a few, really cool spots to shoot in, and the couple got a good idea of where we could (and couldn't) go for pictures. The day itself ran really well.....up to a point. Ally, the best man unfortunately had to stay behind at the church after the ceremony due to a car key mix up. This meant he was missing for a most of the key shots. Undeterred we got Gary, the usher, to stand in Allys spot in the group pictures and then photographed Ally when he arrived about 60 minutes later.




After a long time on the computer I came up with the result above - see what you think. Can you see the join ? Despite a little bit of a delay with the group pictures I am delighted with the shots of Grant and Julie, with the individual shots of Julie at the house being some of my favourites from this year.....and I haven't even mentioned the champagne getting thrown about by Grants mum!!

Cheers & thank you both

1500photography

1 comment:

Julie Keys said...

What can I say, Stuart and Gillian were just amazing, they were helpful, calm, cool and very very professional not only on the day but in the run up to and after the wedding.
I would highly recommend 1500 photography and we were both thoroughly thrilled with our photographs and cannot wait to get our album through!
It was a breath of fresh air to work with such an organised company and i would not hesitate to use them again.
They helped make our day and made the photographs fun for us which was a really big thing as we both hate getting our pictures taken nevermind getting one with our eyes open!
I cannot sing enough praise for 1500 photography as they helped to make our big day special and as stress free as possible
Thanks again Stuart & Gillian

The Keys xx