Thursday 2 April 2009

Stuart Wood - 1500 Photography - Lecturer ???


I went back to Paisley this week to talk to the students of Reid Kerr college. The students are currently taking a social photography (wedding and portrait) course as part of their HNC and invited me along to "impart some of my experiences"


This course is something I would have jumped at had it been available when I left school. The college has got some fantastic equipment for the students to experiment with and an excellent tutorial team to advise them along the way.



I only wish something like this had been available when I started off !!

As part of my slideshow I let them see my big break in photography. Age 17, working as a YTS at the Helensburgh Advertiser. Guess who got the shot of the day on a Royal visit?



picture11


Anyway after giving them my rags to ...... well slightly better rags story, I then went on to give them some tips on how to develop their own photography style, how to approach weddings and what to avoid.


They then displayed true photographers instincts and ran for it as soon as they had to get their picture taken !! This is me with those who didnt react quick enough.


stuart-students-2

4 comments:

brian said...

I wont even comment, they waving at you cause they want rid of you?? lol

admin said...

At least they were using all of their fingers !!

Squigs said...

What's the date on that paper, 1980?

admin said...

1990 you cheeky begger. I was 17 and a half and the Nikon F4 was the worlds greatest camera. I wanted an FM2 with an MD14 motor drive.
What a sweet sound that combo made