Tuesday 25 February 2014

Sherbrooke Castle Wedding - Andrea and Danny

Sherbrooke Castle Wedding


I ran into lots and lots of friends at Andrea and Danny's Sherbrooke Castle Wedding. First of all (obviously) there was Andrea and Danny. A really nice couple who I met first of all at Joanne and Martins wedding reception. Joanne and Martin had originally booked me to shoot their wedding before the call of sunnier climes meant that they got married in Greece (and who can blame them!!)

However we have remained firm friends since. They in turn recommended me to their friends, Tanya and Chris who married in 2012, at the Brisbane down in Largs. Also at that wedding were Andrea and Danny. I am so very grateful that this group have not only trusted me to shoot their weddings but also that they have become great friends into the bargain.

All 3 couple had also taken advantage of our "e:shoot" service and had taken the opportunity to have an engagement portrait before the big day. A sort of 'try before you buy' photography experience which is often really helpful to both the couple and the photographer.

Engagement Portrait Glasgow Engagement Portrait Glasgow Engagement Portrait Glasgow


We started shooting the wedding in one of the busiest pre wedding houses I have even been in! Andrea's family are half German and the house was packed to the rafters with Aunts and Uncles who had come over for the wedding. Then it was onto Motherwell Parish Church, were I ran into yet another old friend. the Rev Georgina Baxter. I hadn't seen the Rev Baxter since my Finelines days and it was an absolute pleasure not only to see her again but to be sitting in on one of her services. It was great and hit that perfect balance between fun, emotional and respectful at the same time.


sherbrooke caste wedding sherbrooke castle bride motherwell south parish wedding


After the ceremony we returned to Sherbrooke Castle, a hidden gem in Glasgow sitting high on a hill-top. Although I have to say with Danny organising the wedding cars, and choosing brand new top of the line BMW's we had a real-time of it trying to keep pace with the bride and groom. A first for me !! Once there I noticed one of those little touches that really appealed to me. All the tables were named after James Bond movies ! I am suspecting that this was Danny's input too........


Sherbrooke are always keen to keep things moving along at a pace so we raced through our group shots as efficiently as possible and still squeezed in some beautiful shots of the couple. Including of course the iconic shot of the venue seen below. A lovely wedding with a couple a have a great deal of affection for. Oh and just as a little postscript, when it came to choosing the wedding shot of the year, my father picked the image of Andrea and Danny inside sherbrooke on the staircase. I'm taking that as some very high praise indeed !!


sherbrooke caste wedding sherbrooke caste wedding 192b


More Glasgow Wedding Photography by 1500 Photography


 

 

No comments: