Tuesday 13 September 2011

Moorpark House Wedding - Ashley and Richard

Moorpark House Wedding


In an idea shamelessly 'inspired' by wedding magazines, I thought I would mix up the blog a little by introducing a "Featured Wedding". A chance to perhaps tell a bit more of the story from the day and showcase both the brides planning and attention to detail along with our work.

Our first feature is on Ashley and Richards wedding at Moorpark House in Ayrshire. And who better to tell you about the day than the bride herself, Ashley.........

WHERE WAS IT & WHY ? : Moorpark Country House. I had a country house in mind from the start, partly because we wanted a relaxed wedding and partly because we had so many family members coming from America and Canada we wanted a property that was a little taste of Scotland. Moorpark managed all of this without being old fashioned and austere. And, provided the perfect size and exclusivity we are after.


THEME OR STYLE: Summer garden party

BRIDE’S DRESS : Not the wonderful experience I was hoping for! I searched high and low for a dress that was a bit different and ended up buying a reasonably plain and traditional dress (not really what I wanted) to then have a huge bow commissioned for the back. Even that was a problem, no seamstress was brave enough to make the size I wanted! I wanted a talking point, something people wouldn't forget and I certainly got that!!

BRIDE’S SHOES: Good old Monsoon peep-toes with pearls. Perfect

JEWELLERY/ACCESSORIES: Originally a lot more than I wore! Once I saw the dress I had to change my jewellery choice to something more simple. I did wear my Great Gran's engagement ring which is over 100 years old, that was my something Old, borrowed and blue.

MEMORABLE MOMENT: Both our favourite bit is when I reach the top of the aisle and we see each other for the first time. Nothing seemed scary after that.



HAIR & MAKEUP: My friend Lynne did a our make-up for us. It was great to have a friend rather than a stranger helping on our big day, plus she did an amazing job! I was originally going to wear my hair up but had to change last minute after seeing the size of the bow on my dress! My bridesmaid had her hair done by the same hairdresser, Emma, and it was beautiful!

GROOMS DUTIES: Turn up, remember the rings and make a speech. All of which he did very well!

THE FLOWERS: Hand tied bouquet with roses, freesia and sweet peas which smelt amazing. the colours were soft peach and cream tones

THE CAKE: Marks and Spencers!



INVITATIONS & STATIONERY: Everything was done by me, with a little help from family and friends.

FAVOURITE PICTURE: Too many to pick from! I don't know!!! Erm -You do it!

So here it is - the brides (and photographers) favourite picture from the day............



 

 

No comments: