Thursday 14 May 2009

The Buchanan Arms Wedding Pictures - Isla and Paul

When I was a young whipper-snapper (get it?) I used to shoot a lot of weddings up at the Buchanan Arms, but I havent been there for a few years now. In fact I shudder to think how old Paul and Isla would have been when I was a regular shooter at Drymen.....

Anyway, what a superb day we had. Despite both half's of the wedding party running a little late and an extended service (although to be fair Paul is a trainee minister, so its only right that priority was given to ceremony) we still found time to head up to the viewpoint, nip over the hill to Balmaha, take some cracking shots, arrange a full group outside the hotel and still finish bang on schedule.

And what a sumptuous backdrop for the pictures Balmaha proved to be - well worth the trip.

drymen003 drymen002 drymen001


Not bad eh? To be honest I could have posted 20 pictures from just the Balmaha shots alone, I am exceptionally grateful for all the enthusiasm and effort Paul and Isla put into the pictures and for all the assistance lent to us by best man David. I had actually feared at one stage we may have cut the Balmaha trip out to catch up on time. I am so glad we didnt (mostly at Paul and Isla's insistence) and we were well rewarded with some beautiful images.


My very best wishes to Isla and Paul now both studying hard back down in Blackpool.


1500photography.wpstagecoach.com

No comments: